RE-OPENING DETAILS FOR GATHERED WORSHIP
On Sunday, June 7, we will be re-opening our doors for gathered worship. We understand that not everyone will be comfortable with gathering for worship in our sanctuary at this time. We will continue livestreaming for those who are more comfortable worshipping remotely or with smaller groups, such as Vital Groups, friends and neighbors. For those who do wish to gather for worship, here are some details you will find helpful as we make this transition to re-opening our doors (full details can be found here – you will also be receiving this letter in the mail and in your email).
- We will continue having one service only on Sunday mornings at 10 AM, starting June 7. Worship will continue to be livestreamed for those who wish to worship from home.
- The sanctuary and Fellowship Hall will be open with limited seating capacity in each. (The service will be simulcast on the TVs in the Fellowship Hall.) We will be utilizing every other pew and have spaced seating arranged in the Fellowship Hall. Our gathering spaces will be sanitized.
- We invite any who are not sick or considered at-risk for getting sick to join us for gathered worship. If you exhibit any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or have been in contact with any person exhibiting symptoms, please worship from home. We ask you to please take your temperature before your arrival. Touchless thermometers will be available at the church as well. Our greeters will ask if you have taken your temperature.
- Masks are not required but are welcomed if you prefer to wear one.
- Please do not wear gloves if you choose to gather at the church. Wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer, which you will find at our entrances and exits.
- Deacons will lead you to a pew upon your arrival. They will also dismiss pews individually by the nearest exit at the conclusion of worship.
- Worship will last approximately 70 minutes.
- Music will remain a blend of hymns with organ, as well as music led by our praise team.
- There will be no printed bulletins provided.
- Offering plates will not be passed but receptacles for receiving offering will be available.
- We will remain in place while “passing the peace” at a distance.
- We will not have a choir, but congregational singing will be a part of worship.
- We will not be serving communion at this time.
- There will be no Sunday School, Children’s Church or nursery at this time.
- We will not be offering coffee or donuts and The Commons will not be open for gathering.
For full details of our re-opening, please click on the button below. We also encourage you to take a quick congregational survey to let us know how you plan to continue worshipping with us.