Beginning September 9, WAM Rehearsals will be Wednesdays from 4:30 – 5:30 PM
and Orchestra will follow from 5:45 – 6:30 PM.
- To instill in students a love for worship and a foundation for using their creative gifts in service to church and community.
- To reinforce God’s Word and work in the lives of students through the impact of music.
- To develop musical skill and knowledge for a lifetime of meaningful worship and service to God.
- To draw into fellowship with Christ and His Church, students and their families in our community for whom Worship Arts would minister.
- To enjoy the unique fellowship, teamwork, and satisfaction that comes from making music together in praise to God.
WHAT WILL WE DO IN WAM?
- We will meet weekly for rehearsal where we will learn to read music, sing, fellowship, and study God’s Word together.
- We will incorporate other forms of worship leadership, such as playing instruments, readings, etc. to enhance the worship of our congregation.
- We will present music to our congregation once a month throughout the year.
- We will instill teamwork and fellowship through the uniqueness of choral singing where each member is an equal and necessary member of the group.
- We will choose music of theological depth and musical value that is appealing to students and meaningful to their lives.
- We will commit all we do to the Lord, and spend time in prayer and reflection at each rehearsal.
- All WAM participants will wear masks in the choir room except when singing.
- Chairs will be spaced 6 feet apart for social distancing.
LARGE GROUP REHEARSALS (Wednesdays, 4:30 – 5:30 PM)
This is the foundation of WAM, where all the students come together for fellowship, music making, music learning, devotion and prayer. The foundation of this time is singing because that is the greatest and most perfect vehicle for accomplishing all of the goals and purposes set forth. Even students who think they don’t like to sing, or are intimidated by it, quickly find satisfaction and meaning in what we do together. After school refreshments are offered at 4:15 PM and students are encouraged to be present and ready to sing promptly at 4:#0 PM for an action-packed, multi-faceted rehearsal.
ORCHESTRA (Wednesdays, 5:45 – 6:30 PM)
For WAM students grades 8-12 who play instruments in school band or orchestra, or otherwise take private lessons on an instrument, this group will follow the large group rehearsal. We will practice music for hymn accompaniment on some Sundays and other special services of our church.
For more information, please contact Steve Wood.