Arriving at FPCOS:
Most of our activity on Sunday morning happens in our two main buildings – the sanctuary and the education building. The education building is the three-story structure in the center of our campus. Our nursery and younger children’s Faith Foundations classes are located on the first floor of that building. Our sanctuary is the large building with the tall spire. The chapel is just west of the sanctuary with the smaller spire. The church office is on the corner of Washington and Ocean Avenues at the east end of campus. The Harbor House (youth) is on the far west end of the campus.
Parking at FPCOS:
Our main parking areas are the “North Lot” on Washington Avenue (paved) and our “West Lot” on the corner of Ocean and Jackson (gravel). There is parking for senior citizens and the handicapped in the “South Lot” on the corner of Washington Avenue and Ocean Avenue. There are also numerous designated places to park on the south side of Ocean Avenue between Washington Avenue and Jackson Avenue.
What should I wear?
There’s no dress code at FPCOS; come wearing what you’re comfortable in. You’ll find some who dress up and others who dress down. No matter what you wear, you won’t feel out of place.
Where will my kids go?
Children 0-2 and under are welcome to stay in our nursery, which has a secure sign-in. All of our volunteers and staff that work with children are trained and have received background checks. The nursery is on the bottom floor of our education building. Children ages 3-5 are welcome in childcare.
Should I bring anything?
No need to bring anything. If you would like to bring a Bible, you are certainly welcome. At FPCOS, we generally use the English Standard Version (ESV) of the scriptures. Other than that, bring the high expectation that God has something wonderful planned for you in your time with us.
What can I expect in worship?
Expect our worship services to last 60-70 minutes.
- You will have opportunities to pray for our world, our community, those in need, as well as personal prayers.
- You will hear relevant preaching from the Bible.
- We celebrate Communion or the Lord’s Supper on the first Sunday of the month and at other specially designated services.
- Your children will find a lesson just for them and be provided with bulletins that help them to follow along throughout the service.
- You will meet all sorts of people who are discovering God’s love for them in Jesus Christ.